Monday, October 1, 2007

Bikes

This morning I went outside to get my bike and ride to campus for my first day of classes... and my new bike (4 days old) had been stolen. Well, that sure didn't take long! The thief had poked something small and sharp into the place on the lock where the male end attaches to the female end and forced the two ends apart. There went €100 (bike), plus €30 (lock and headlamp) down the drain. Plus, I then had to take the bus this morning, which meant I was 30 minutes late for the first class.

I bought another bike today that cost only €55. The second bike is used and a quite a bit uglier than the first (which was bright, shiny blue with red trim). Hopefully the ugly-factor will help keep this one from walking away so quickly, since obviously I can't trust bike locks any farther than I can throw them.