Thursday, March 13, 2008

Final week in Oldenburg

My parents visited me in Oldenburg during my last week there. They entertained themselves and explored my quaint NW-German college town by day (as I studied and took final exams). In the evenings we had dinner together at Oldenburg's various eateries. One night, I took my parents to eat döners [Turkish gyros] at the "Döner Haus" near my dormitory. This was my favorite local eatery during my Oldenburg tenure. The Döner Haus chef (see pic below) makes the most succulent, flavorful gyro sandwiches (with lots of spicy hot sauce, upon request) -- they're extremely addictive!

.

Me & the Döner Haus master chef (photo by M. Townsend)
.
At the end of the last week -- on the day before we flew out of the country -- the a cappella group I'd sung with throughout the semester, Jaco de Musio, presented on a combined concert with another Oldenburg group, Quintessence. My dad video-recorded a couple of our songs from the concert, over which I've superimposed the better quality audio recorded by Joe Dinkelbach (husband of our alto, Britta). I had difficulty uploading the videos to this blog, so I've uploaded them to my MySpace page here: www.myspace.com/scotttown (click "videos" below my picture in the upper left).