Friday, September 28, 2007

Finally -- Classmates...

I met up with around ten of my 35 classmates today, when Jiota got us together to take care of some university admin/logistical things as a group. Everyone seems really nice (but younger -- I was the only one over thirty).

One of the guys I met, Petros, is Greek... and he also plans to travel next semester to Athens for the wind energy specialization. So I learned from him that campus housing is mostly non-existent in Athens, and we (students) may have a very difficult time just finding housing at all. Hopefully the university will help, but he was pessimistic about it. He also said that most bars in Athens stay open until 4am on weeknights and round-the-clock on weekends. He made Athens sound like party-central -- could be dangerous! :o